Veron, Grella among options declined
November 27, 2017 (Official Press Release)
The New York Red Bulls have announced roster decisions following the conclusion of the 2017 season, the club announced today. The club has exercised contract options on eight players and declined the options of 10.
The Red Bulls have exercised options on Sacha Kljestan, Connor Lade, Aaron Long, Danny Royer, Sean Davis, Derrick Etienne, Jr., and Evan Louro. As previously announced, the club has opted to complete the transfer of Michael Amir Murillo from San Francisco FC in Panama following the completion of his loan.
New York declined options on defenders Sal Zizzo and Gideon Baah, along with midfielders Mike Grella, Dilly Duka, Dan Metzger, Arun Basuljevic, Vincent Bezecourt, and Zeiko Lewis, and forwards Gonzalo Veron and Brandon Allen. Veteran defender Damien Perrinelle's contract expired at the end of 2017.
"We know how much we ask of our players, and these guys have all given a lot to the club during their time here. We thank them for their service, and wish them the best moving forward," said Sporting Director Denis Hamlett.
"While we declined options for Gonzalo and Vincent, we are in discussions to keep them as part of our club for next year," said Hamlett.